HOW IT WORKS:
The Inman Aligner is a revolutionary appliance, described as the "missing-link" between cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics, that can move teeth in the anterior region predictably, safely and quickly.
THE INMAN ALIGNER ALLOWS YOU TO:
- Achieve great results using just one appliance
- Easily give your patients a wonderful smile in less time and with less expense.
- Can be removed and inserted as easily as a retainer.
- Can be used to quickly align teeth either as a standalone treatment or before aesthetic or restorative treatement.
- Complete most cases in 6-18 weeks. Is a faster alternative to more expensive "Invisible Braces".
Our courses have been designed to teach attendees how to use the Inman Aligner and are required to be a certified user. All aspects of the treatment are covered from case evaluation to fitting and then retention, so that attendees will be able to handle simple to moderate cases immediately.
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
The image below shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
These forces allow for predictable rotation, protrusion and retroclination movements.
HOW LONG IS THE TREATMENT?
Most cases are completed within 6 - 18 weeks depending on the complexity of the case. As an Inman Aligner Certified dentist you will understand how to provide a realistic guide of what to expect for each case. For suitable cases, the Inman Aligner is almost always much faster than alternative orthodontic techniques.
WHAT'S INVOLVED IN THE TREATMENT ?
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate the custom made Inman Aligner.
The Inman Aligner is made on highly accurate 3D printed models. The models are digitally corrected into the ideal set-up based on aesthetics and occlusion.
- The patient is fitted with the Aligner.
You will receive a detailed chart of where any IPR is required and where any buttons need to be placed. Full online and phone support is free if you have any questions before or during the case.
- The patient wears the Aligner 16-20 hours a day.
The appliance can be worn for less time but treatment time will increase
- Regular checks with the patient every 2 - 3 weeks during treatment.
To carry out any additional IPR or reposition buttons if required.
As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a bonded retainer or an Essix retainer.